Join the West Side United team
West Side United is hiring! Reporting to the Senior Program Director, the Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of new programs and initiatives for West Side United. This will include leading various workgroups, coordinating meetings with institutional, community and other stakeholders, assisting with program development, oversight and evaluation.
To view the full job description, click here.
Please send a cover letter, indicating your interest and qualifications, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. This is a contractual position. Applications are due Friday, June 8, 2018.
West Side United stakeholders and partners
Senior Program Director, West Side United
West Side United is thrilled to introduce its new Senior Program Director, Ayesha Jaco.
Ayesha is a philanthropist, educator and choreographer and Co-Founder of M.U.R.A.L. (formerly the Lupe Fiasco Foundation). She has partnered with many Chicago based organizations to provide comprehensive social services, substance abuse prevention, food equity, study abroad and artistic programming for over 18,500 inner-city youth and their families. In 2008, Jaco founded the youth dance company Move Me Soul and has provided over 1,000 Chicago teens and young adults with professional dance training and life skill development.
Currently, Jaco is a faculty member at The Northeastern Illinois University; Jacob Carruthers Center for Inner-City Studies. She was featured in Hype Magazine South Africa for her artistic prowess and youth work and she was recently awarded the Power 25 Chicago Award by Walker’s Legacy for her commitment to excellent leadership, community achievements and philanthropic contributions. Jaco holds a Bachelor of Science in Dance and Mass Communication from Illinois State University and a Masters of Arts Management (Arts in Youth and Community Development) from Columbia College Chicago. Ayesha is excited to lead the work of West Side United. You can reach Ayesha at email@example.com.
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Cook County Health and Hospitals System
- Presence Health
- Sinai Health System
- Rush University Medical Center
- University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
- Erie Family Health Center
- Illinois Medical District
- Loretto Hospital
- Sinai Urban Health Institute
- Austin Coming Together
- Garfield Park Community Council
- La Casa Norte
- Lawndale Christian Health Center
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- Metropolitan Family Services
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- The Resurrection Project
- West Town Bikes
- Chicago Department of Family & Support Services
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Illinois Public Health Institute (IPHI)
- Malcolm X College
Funding and Technical Assistance
- Catholic Charities
- Chicago Anchors for a Strong Economy (CASE)
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Chicagoland Healthcare Workforce Collaborative (CHWC)
- Civic Consulting Alliance
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Michael Reese Health Trust
- Northern Trust
- World Business Chicago