Social Change Communications Fellowship
The West Side United Social Change Communications Fellowship program in partnership with Free Spirit Media empowers creatives ages 18-30 to use video, photography, graphic design and social media to communicate our efforts to improve neighborhood health by addressing inequality in healthcare, education, economic vitality and the physical environment with West Side residents. Communications Fellows will be offered a $7,000 stipend. Fellows will develop creative and unique communications strategies that engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Create communications campaign that leverages existing cultural and artistic assets of 10 target communities
- Provide relevant target messaging to youth and seniors
- Increase community member social media engagement
- Increase community members knowledge about WSU strategies
- Create street team marketing campaign
- Create My West Side Is… community influencer campaign
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate should reside or work on the West Side of Chicago. The candidate should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital communications
- Print media
- Graphic design
A successful candidate is a visual storyteller with an interest in curating and magnifying the voices West Side residents and WSU strategies.
Specific qualifications include:
- Demonstrated experience as a digital storyteller in one (or more) of these areas: photography, video, design, writing or social media content creation.
- Strong writing, editing and communications skills.
- Ability to speak with ease to various audiences and effectively communicate the message of the WSU.
- Creative ability to frame ideas and develop stories in a way that appeals to a wide variety of audiences.
- High degree of comfort in developing new relationships and reaching out to potential partners and storytellers.
- Commitment to social and economic justice, the collaborative processes, and the participation and leadership of west side residents and organizations.
- Wide degree of comfort using social media.
Applications are due by Friday, September 13, 2019.
If you have any questions related to this opportunity please feel free to email the Social Change Fellowship Team at email@example.com. More information about the fellowship can also be found by downloading our flyer.