What is Chicago Youth Service Corps (CYSC)?
The goal of the CYSC is to support youth development in the city of Chicago by developing young Chicagoans ages 16-24 as local leaders through the creation of paid, service-learning opportunities focused on local/civic engagement. Youth participants will earn money in a diverse service corps while also building transferable leadership skills for workforce development and 21st century skill-building. This model aspires to promote safe and vibrant communities by empowering youth through civic-minded service while dually providing employment.
The pay rate is $15/hour.
CYSC program will start in alignment with One Summer Chicago on July 5th, 2022. It will run until August 13th, and there will be a week of break after that. Students will be dedicating 20 hours a week until the break. After the break, it will be 10 hours a week until December. It is a classroom setting with a lot of fun activities and great topics to broaden their horizons.
- Proof of Chicago residency (Chicago Public Schools I.D., State Identification card, City-key ID, Government Issued ID)
- A valid social security card
- A signed parental/guardian consent under the age of 18
- A signed program consent for youth 18 and over
- Selective Service Verification required for males 18 and over
Questions? Please contact Bernisa Kamenjasevic at firstname.lastname@example.org.