COVID-19 is posing an unprecedented threat to the nonprofit sector and Chicago’s social service safety net. We understand that this crisis disproportionately affects Black and Latinx communities on Chicago’s West and South sides, and that organizations are facing complex and difficult choices. Many organizations are meeting increased community need, evolving their in-person programming, and adapting to become a virtual workplace, all while grappling with disruptions to fundraising and cash flow and uncertainty about the future.
AMPT: Advancing Nonprofits was created to provide targeted and effective capacity building support to small nonprofits on Chicago’s West and South sides, prioritizing those led by and serving Black and Latinx communities. Our goal is to connect nonprofits with the quality support and services they need in order to fulfill their critical missions toward a more just and equitable city.
This is a moment to do just that.
In Spring 2020, AMPT offered services to 30 nonprofits on Chicago’s West and South sides with up to two 90-minute coaching sessions with highly experienced nonprofit consultants, resources and connections to cover the most pressing and relevant topics facing nonprofits during the pandemic.
AMPT will continue this support by expanding:
- Coaching sessions with a highly experienced nonprofit consultant to provide thought partnership on how to navigate these uncertain times. Consultants will work directly with Executive Directors or organizational leadership to diagnose and triage pressing issues and to develop a thoughtful strategy for responding to this new environment.
- Up to two (2) additional hours coaching for returning nonprofits that participated in Phase 1
- Up to six (6)hours coaching sessions for newly-engaged nonprofits
- Resources and connections to cover the most pressing and relevant topics facing nonprofits during the pandemic, including but not limited to stimulus funding opportunities, HR, finance, and technology.
*Upon completion of coaching session(s), organizations will have the opportunity to apply for a capacity building grant of up to $10,000 to help address capacity building challenges exacerbated by COVID-19*
In alignment with our values, AMPT will prioritize organizations that:
- have an annual budget of $2M or less
- primarily serve Black and Latinx communities on Chicago’s West and South sides
- are Black and/or Latinx led
To apply, please complete this short screening survey: https://forms.gle/dmmfAbhH6aZsuTgq9
Please apply by 10/19/2020.
Any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and download this page as a PDF, please click here.