West Side United and Free Spirit Media are seeking talented young individuals from West Side communities to help with the creation of positive social media related to the West Side of Chicago. This opportunity will allow fellows to challenge the history of negative media portrayal in communities of color and help create a unique repository of photos, graphic design, social media, and videos that can depict the true story of the West Side.
If you are between 18-30 years of age and reside in the West Side communities listed below please consider our fellowship and apply. A $7,000 stipend will be offered to the communication fellows over the course of the 9-month fellowship.
West Side Communities
- East Garfield Park
- West Garfield Park
- Humboldt Park
- Near West Side
- North Lawndale
- South Lawndale
- Lower West Side
- West Town
- Create communications campaign that leverages existing cultural and artistic assets of 10 target communities
- Provide relevant target messaging to youth and seniors
- Increase community member social media engagement
- Increase community members knowledge about WSU strategies
- Create street team marketing campaign
- Create My West Side Is… community influencer campaign
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate should reside or work on the West Side of Chicago. The candidate should have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Digital communications
- Print media
- Graphic design
A successful candidate is a visual storyteller with an interest in curating and magnifying the voices West Side residents and WSU strategies.
Applications are due by Friday, September 6, 2019.
If you have any questions related to this opportunity please feel free to email the Social Change Fellowship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the fellowship can also be found by downloading our flyer.