For young engineers, mathematicians, physicists and computer scientists
The Chicago Pre-College Science and Engineering Program (ChiS&E) provides a pathway for your child to a career in science or engineering.
In partnership with Chicago Public Schools (CPS), the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Colleges of Education and Engineering and Department of Mathematics, ChiS&E offers fun, hands-on learning activities for students in grades K–9.
What’s unique about ChiS&E?
- Builds science, engineering, and math knowledge through grade levels K–12.
- Allows continued participation if children move to a new school.
- Engages and empowers parents as valued partners in their children’s education.
- Introduces and develops pre-algebra skills in early grades.
- Works with families to prepare students to succeed in undergraduate engineering and science programs in top universities.
Spring 2018 orientation and registration
ChiS&E’s Spring 2018 Orientation and Registration will take place on Saturday, April 21, 2018, from 9:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. at Pershing Magnet School, 3200 South Calumet Avenue, Chicago, IL 60616.
Registration will be open to new and current students in grades K–2 and 5–9. Please bring your child’s most recent report card.
For more details about registration and class offerings, view our registration flier.
Also, find more information about ChiS&E at our website, http://www.chiprep.org.